Thursday, October 29, 2009

Stealing kisses...

If your desk is like mine, its full of numbers to call, email addresses to contact, and books to read and study. Meanwhile, the kids are in the next room, their sweet voices (even at maximum volume) serving as a reminder that sometimes, those things can wait a bit longer. But for how long? There's baths to give, mouths to feed, soccer games to coach, and when time permits, lightning bugs to catch and kisses to steal. But these things, unlike the other everyday tasks, are open for a limited time only. This weekend, as we prepare to trick or treat and spend time with family and friends, I'm vowing to make my wife and children priority #1 with my time. What a treasure provided to me by my gracious God... an open ended gift that can be taken when the Lord calls or as time marches on.

Today, I will steal kisses. Tomorrow, the rest... if time permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment